As an experienced data modeling consultant, I help companies put their data to use. With a solid technical background in data and software architecture, I can build you a stable data model and get your data flowing, transforming and revealing its full potential.
I focus mainly on:
- combining multiple sources to a single semantic model of ‘the world’;
- creating small steps that ingest, transform and visualize your data;
- sharing my technical knowledge with team members.
The toolset of my choosing consists mainly of Microsoft’s latest big data services. I have a prehensive experience using PowerBI (Dataflows, Embedded), Azure Data Factory, Data Lakes (Storage Gen2) and Azure Synapse.
From years of experience working as a senior cloud software architect, I also have a broad practical knowledge of cloud concepts and technologies such as microservices (Kubernetes), containerization (Docker), Microsoft .NET Core and Microsoft Azure services like AAD, IoT Hub and Stream Analytics.
In 2021 you can hire me for 2 days per week. In most cases this is absolutely sufficient.
Please contact me to talk about your project.
My vision on data and software architecture
Let’s talk about this, but for now some short takeaway’s:
- I choose experiments over theory and design.
- I rather won’t build something you can also buy or rent ‘out of a box’.
- I want to release/publish something useful every day.
Born in Harlingen in the north of The Netherlands, I practically grew up in the Waddenzee (sea). Working freelance since 2001. Now living in Utrecht with my girlfriend and two kids. During the summer we spend a lot of time on our good old Westerly Centaur, a sailingboat, in Zeeland.
Nice words from colleagues and clients: